Acronis Backup Review
ProsAcronis is a seasoned hard drive and computer backup company with over 12 years experience
ConsSoftware and backup sold separately
Bottom LineAcronis does things the old fashioned way. Instead of bundling backup software and storage together, they are sold separately which adds confusion to their products.
Backup Company Info:
Personal Backup Plan
Business Backup Plans
- A great online backup plans for larger companies.
- Lacks Mac Compatibility but works with Windows, Windows Server, and Linux.
- Phone Support should be free
- No Web or Mobile Access
- Uses FTP for backup and restore
Specializing in data storage hardware and software, Acronis offers an online backup solution. Because of how their resource management and scalable plans, they have become popular with business and enterprise companies.
Acronis Company Info:
Acronis is a company that specializes in full system restore. This means that the your whole computer, operating system, applications and personal files are included in that backup. There goal is to provide complete recovery for all potential data loss threats.
They offer products instead of plans in order to provide a well rounded list of quality features that simplifies the online backup process.
- Working in several countries around the world including America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- CEO Jason Donahue founded Acronis in 2000
- 600+ employees
- Products sold in 13 languages and in more than 180 countries
- Their website averages 100K visitors per month
Acronis Features & Plans:
Offering select products as plans, they have a full set of featured offered with each of their products.
- Acronis Online Backup $4.95/month ($49.95/year) for 250GBs of storage
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online
- Workstation: 250 GB $49.99
- Server: 1 TB $499.00
- Virtual Machine: 2 TB $1,199.00
Acronis Technical Features:
Automatic and scheduled online backup, Web access to files, Works with Acronis True Image Home, AES-256 encryption, adjustable bandwidth for network, Up to 45 days of file version history, Multiple PC’s per account, and much more...
Acronis Backup Support:
- Phone Support: Yes per Subscription
- Email Support: Yes
- Ticket System: No
- Live Support Chat: No
- FAQ & Knowledge base: Yes
- Video Tutorials: No